Monday, June 14, 2010

Fresh Beets

One of Preston's favorite TV shows is called 'The Fresh Beat Band". In honor of them (and the fact that he still won't eat one.single.vegetable), I decided to dive into Deceptively Delicious and try a new recipe. What better than one including the use of fresh beets?
The process is a little time consuming, but not difficult. I DID have bright red hands last night from peeling the beets after cooking them.
Throw them in the food processor... Portion them out after pureeing for future use...

And use some in the Pink Pancake recipe! (Also includes ricotta cheese, grated apple, cinnamon, vanilla, and other yummy stuff.)

The verdict is still out as to whether or not it was worth the effort. Mine most definitely did NOT look like the ones in the cookbook,but he ate about half of one pancake. I guess SOME beets is better than NO beets, right?
BTW, I hate beets, but don't tell Preston!

To top off the night, Preston went pee-pee in the potty for the first time! Never thought I would be so excited to see urine in a little plastic bowl, but I sure was!

5 comments:

Bets said...

Yippee!
I LOVE beets ... well, at least pickled beets. I don't know how I feel about beet pancakes, but I'd be willing to try them.
And YAY for pee pee in the potty :)

Courtney said...

His face eating the pancake is priceless!

The Lunds said...

TWO milestones! Hooray!

Jules said...

I agree with Courtney - he doesn't look like he is very happy with the pancake! TOO FUNNY!

Unknown said...

OMG. I haven't checked the blog in awhile. Preston is so big! Looks like such a big man. Too fun.

I don't know if you've tried this and I'm no expert ;) but my sister had a picky eater and she found success in frozen peas. She would toss frozen peas on my nephew's plate and he loved them. Felt good on his gums also.

Have a good summer!