Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wildwood Week!

This past week I went with my kids to Wildwood. (Preston had to take the back seat so I could be with my other 44 kids. I got to visit him a few times, but not for long.)We stayed 4 nights and 5 days and spent our time learning about teamwork, nature, and perseverance (among other things). It was a great week with lots of fun for the kids. I always teach an owl pellet dissection class, which they really enjoy. Who DOESN'T like digging around in owl regurgitation? Click the first picture to see the whole album.
Top 5 Events of the Week:
5. Being outside and enjoying the beautiful weather WHILE learning.
4. Third Annual Pelican Race (staff canoe race).
3. Drinking Cokes even though the kids couldn't have any.
2. Mr. Lash (principal) break-dancing in the boys' cabin (I only heard about this one...)
1. Seeing a mouse in our cabin right before bed on Thursday. EEEK! I didn't tell the girls about that one yet...but they knew about the cockroach family and other "friends" we had in there with us.
Glad to be home!

3 comments:

Genie said...

Glad to see Richard didn't win again. :) Did you end up watching Space Camp Wednesday?

The Lunds said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. I bet you are EXHAUSTED!

Courtney said...

Looks like a good time, although I'm sure you are THRILLED to be home!