Sunday, July 25, 2010

St. Louis

Just returned from a little vacation to St. Louis. When I was little, we used to meet the Salzmanns there-- with our parents, of course. So we have decided to bring the tradition back with our kids! Marcus,Tanya, Natalie, and Julia met us there, as well as Karen, Erik, Karsen, and Jack.
Unfortunately, we left a little late Friday morning. SOMEone decided to take off his diaper and stomp/smash poo everywhere in his crib. And I mean everywhere. I ALMOST took a picture of it, but decided against it. I know only a few people read this blog, and I didn't want to lose my faithful audience by posting something so gross and disturbing, but definitely funny. Now every night before bed Preston says,"No poop on Blankie. No poop on Boo Boo. No poop on bed" and so on and so on. So HOPEfully that was the first and last time he gets artistic with his feces.
Finally on the road-after cleaning Blankie and Boo Boo. Yippee!
(Click on this first picture to see the whole album)We stayed at the same Holidome we used to stay at when we were little. PERFECT for this sort of get-together. Indoor and outdoor pools, games for kids, and tables right outside of our rooms for when kids go to bed and we want to enjoy some beverages.
Karsen and Jack- too cute!!

Daredevil Julia ridin' her hog.


Is Jack gorgeous or what? Preston calls him Special Jack because we have a friend Jack (Nelson) here that we see all the time. So this is Special Jack.

Weeeeeee!
Went on an adventure to go up the Arch. I think time moves slower sometimes- especially when you have small kids and have to wait almost 2 hours to get to the top. BUT they all loved it.
Clint had to teach the kids how to be geeks...I mean how to get crushed pennies while we waited. Sigh.
Waiting in line with Uncle Rico.
What a view from the top! No fear for this kid- he probably would have dangled his feet out the windows if they would open.
That's the moon in the lower right-hand corner. Pretty cool! Dinner at 9pm? Why not?
Saturday night we went to my friend Andrea's house for some excellent ribs and wings. They were kind enough to take on our clan, and everyone had a great time.
Marcus and Tanya

With Andrea
With Karen- my BFF Dinner madness- Karen's face cracks me up in this one. The kids actually did VERY well and nobody broke anything! Well, Preston broke a plastic fork, but they didn't make me pay for it.

Little Abi- isn't she just the cutest?!
This was the last picture I took there- these two old dudes were playing pinball for hours. A glimpse into the future perhaps? I can see Marcus, Clint, and Erik all taking turns while sipping their delicious Holiday Inn coffee...


And some video of it all...
Can't wait to do it again!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to post a picture of Lions Choice! :-)

The Lunds said...

So. Much. Fun!!

ERICA said...

I dread the feces artistry phase. The "no poop on blankie..." made me laugh.