Monday, July 5, 2010

Math and Airplanes

The best part about having your mom be a teacher is that you get to spend ALL summer with her. The WORST part is that she tries to teach you stuff. Like MATH. Blech. Clint is working on improving the curb appeal of our porch and was putting in new front steps yesterday, so I turned it into a teaching moment. Bravo, Teach, bravo. But I think my mini mathematician is coming along nicely, if I do say so myself! Maybe he can do our taxes next year.

We are taking a little family vacation to see The Hooker clan, so we have been doing lots of prep with the little man. Clint was smart enough to get him a book about airplanes, so he is now OBSESSED with them. Seriously, last night he was talking about Jumbo Jets and Concordes in his sleep. I'm not making that up. Here he is showing you some of his airplane knowledge...Should be fun to see his face when we get on one! Although he REALLY wants to ride a Concorde, not a Jumbo Jet. Sorry, kid.

2 comments:

The Lunds said...

Preston's Concord noise sounds like he is at the dentist. Cute! :)

Bets said...

Preston is invited to visit Auntie Betsy's classroom in mid-September when we do a lesson on building runways for 5 different types of planes that all need different widths & lengths of runways.
He can combine is love of Math AND planes. :)
I'll see if I can send Preston an email with the pictures of the planes we use.