Monday, August 3, 2009

Lunch "Break"


Here is what a typical lunch time sounds like here lately...
I want chicken nuggets. I want macaroni. Can I have more macaroni? Preston is throwing his macaroni. My ice melted- can I have more? Can we have cheese-its? Preston doesn't like to eat his macaroni. Can I have some watermelon? I don't like watermelon. Can we have some chips like yours? Ok, we'll have cheese its. Preston likes cheese-its! I think Preston made a poopy. It smells funny. Can you go change his diaper? Can I have more water? I need more macaroni. My macaroni needs salt. Preston doesn't like that. Preston is throwing his food again. Preston, stop throwing your food. Can we have Oreos and milk? Preston likes Oreos. Can we have two Oreos? Ok, we'll just have one. Can you tell Preston to stop looking at me? Preston likes crackers. Can I have some banana? Can we have a cold apple for a snack later? I need more water. I like Oreos. Can I have another one?
No? Ok.
Can I go play now?
Waaaaaaaa...
(That was Preston's contribution, but he tends to interject his feelings whenever he wants to during these conversations.)
My favorite today was when Natalie said, "Remember, Julia, we have to be patient!" Bless their hearts---they are trying.

6 comments:

Marcus Mossberger said...

I want pizza

Genie said...

Are you SURE that you're not ready for school to start??? :)

The Lunds said...

Deep calming breaths ... remember that thing you said about not wanting to go back to school?? :)

The Berndts said...

I want some Marie-made Chicken Enchiladas!!!

Marie Hooker said...

I'd much rather have these lunches than have to go back to work...

Anonymous said...

I love macaroni!
Megan