Tuesday, August 25, 2009

15 Month Check-up


Preston had his 15 month check-up today, and Daddy was the lucky one to take him this time because I had a (riveting) staff meeting. There were LOTS of tears. (At the doctor, not at my meeting. Although sometimes they bore me to tears...) He screamed the most when he got his trio of shots. I thought they may wait on those since he has been sick, but I'm no doctor!
His stats for those who are interested:
Weight 23 lbs 10 oz= 35%ile (Down 15% from his last check-up since he hasn't wanted to eat much lately.)
Length 32.5 inches= 80%ile (Up 5% since last visit- long and lean)
Head Circumference 18 3/4 inches= 65%ile His head got 15% bigger over the past few months. I believe that is due to how SMART he is. They actually said he is really smart today, so I'm not making that up! I swear! Ask Clint!!
Their advice for getting him to eat veggies and meat? "Get creative." Really? That doesn't help. Tonight we tried pickles. No dice. Maybe tomorrow we'll try salsa and a KC Strip.

3 comments:

The Lunds said...

Tall, smart and handsome! Hmmm, get creative? Maybe dip is your best friend!

Courtney said...

Imagine that, he's tall and skinny. Not at all like you guys!

I like the advice with the veggies. I mean, come on Marie, you didn't think of that?

Genie said...

Eva actually FORCED herself to eat pickles. She would put them in her mouth, make a funny face, spit it back out, then try all over again. It took her about 3 or 4 times before she would finally eat them. But she did it herself. I've NEVER seen a kid do that, and she hasn't done it with any other food.

Try ketchup - Eva loves it. Or cheese with them.