Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Jay

Since Clint and I both went to The University of Kansas (NATIONAL CHAMPS), we have been working on Preston's loyalty since he was born. We religiously read his "The University of Kansas 101" board book- complete with his picture in cap and gown at the end. He should graduate around 2030, unless he decides to be a doctor, lawyer, or partier. Then it might take longer. (Our fingers are crossed for doctor or lawyer so we can retire early...)He displays many KU t-shirts, sweatshirts, jogging suits, and hats with pride. "My team is better than your team"


Recently he has become a big fan of the fight song. He likes the chorus best and always smiles when I sing it. Don't critique my singing in the video, just enjoy his smile.


In case you were wondering, here are the words (that I don't sing right):
'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay,
Jay, Jay, Jayhawk
Up in Lawrence on the Kaw.
'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay,
Jay, Jay, Jayhawk
With a sis-boom, hip hoorrah.
Got a bill that's big enough
To twist the Tiger's tail,
Husk some corn and listen
To those Cornhuskers wail.
'Cause I'm a Jay, Jay,
Jay, Jay, Jayhawk
Riding on a Kansas Gale.



4 comments:

Bets said...

SOOOOOOO cute! I love P Diddy's smile! Melts my heart. You're gonna have to teach that one to Erik (and train him how to sing) so Ellen can be just as excited. Right now I think she just thinks her Daddy is silly.

The Lunds said...

Love the videos! Good thing you and Erik aren't married - I think he would fight you for video time with your kid. You won't catch me singing on our blog (you're welcome). :)

The Lunds said...

Good work on the videos! Good thing you and Erik aren't married - he would fight you for video time with your kid. You won't catch me singing on our blog (you're welcome). :)

Anonymous said...

OMG- Too Cute- Jason cracked up at this one, too!! Good Mom, for starting him out right. Good luck with any Girl who thinks he can date Preston and NOT be a Jayhawk fan, right! This is great amo later- hehe (Melissa)