Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back To School...

I went back to work this week (sob) and tonight we had a "sneak a peek" for the kids. They could come see the classroom, drop off supplies, and meet their teachers. And the Ice Cream Social was right after this. Lucky for me, Clint had a work dinner so I got to bring Preston to the event. He was an angel and sat in my comfy chair the whole time! Oh, wait. Nope. That's not how it went at all. It was more like, "Hello, _____. I'm so excited to have you in my class this year!" Pause for Preston to squirm out of my arms. "Did you have a nice summer?" Preston proceeds to run out of the room while screaming and laughing. "Excuse me for a minute, I have to go catch him."
And repeat about 25 times. And add throwing balls, crawling under tables, climbing ladders, and trying to eat all of my candy. I guess I have all year to get to know the kids, but I still felt bad about it.
The best part was eating ice cream in 110 degree heat with sweat dripping everywhere! But the Lenexa Fire Dept comes every year and sprays the kids with their hose, so Preston was happy to see the fire truck. We left before the water show commenced because I didn't feel like entering a wet t-shirt contest at school, and am pretty sure P would have made that happen.

"Wook, Mommy! Fi-el Twuck!"

Why are we getting in the car?? I want to see them spray 400+ kids!! (And ME)

Click on this last picture to see more of the fun from my district web site!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Awww. I was so happy that he behaved - and then I scrolled down. :) Lucy Dreiling calls them Fire F*!#s if that makes you feel better. I think your kids will just know they can't mess with you - you can handle it all!