Sunday, April 26, 2009

Anyone need firewood?

This was most definitely an atypical Sunday afternoon. Clint was on the couch playing with Preston while I was downloading some videos when he jumped up, ran, and yelled, "That tree's coming down!" It made a loud crackling noise that sounded like, well, an ENORMOUS tree falling. Just yesterday we had been talking to our neighbor about the tree and how it looked like it could topple over any minute. Never thought today would be the day! Luckily he wasn't home, so nobody was injured. I called 911 and they patched me through to the fire dept. (We were worried about gas, electric, etc.) So Preston got to see his first Firetruck! They checked it all out and everything looked ok. This tree was probably over 60 years old and landed within 10-15 feet of our house. INSANE!

And yes, I was the white-trash girl in my tank top and shorts taking pictures and videos throughout the ordeal (while holding Preson). HA!



Click on the picture above to see all of the photos.

Below is a short video of the hubub.


2 comments:

The Lunds said...

Yowza! Thank goodness Mr. Neighbor wasn't sitting on his front porch shirtless when that thing came down. Also, like the new blog!

Bets said...

WOW! That is amazing! You guys are so lucky that it didn't fall the sideways.
Sidenote: I keep having trouble viewing your videos. They pause at 1 second. Am I the only one? It could entirely be the fault of my dino-laptop!