Saturday, March 7, 2009

First Words

Preston LOVES his kitty cats. He loves them so much that we think "cat" and "kitty" are his first words. (He says "mama" and "dada" but without discrimination, so I don't count that.) Our daycare provider said he chased her cat last week while saying "cat", so I don't think we are totally crazy. We thought he had been trying to say it here for a while now, but having an outsider think it made us really believe we weren't imagining things. The cats are good sports and let him chase them around, but I wouldn't say they ENJOY it much. They always seem relieved when he goes to bed.

Here are a few videos of him today. He says a lot of "baba" and you might even catch a "cat" or "kit-ty" in there, too. The second video is better than the first one, but the first one shows him finding MC and Phoggy.

I also think he is going to start walking on his own soon. He barely holds my fingers now and isn't as content to crawl as he used to be. We're lacing up our running shoes now...and putting the emergency room on speed dial.

2 comments:

The Lunds said...

Sounds like CAT to me! Such a very busy boy ...

Bets said...

Yep! I heard him say it. He's definitely gifted.
Tell Preston thanks for the nice tour of the living room, too! :)