Sunday, March 15, 2009

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!

Reading is a big deal in the Hooker house. Clint is an avid reader (he was and English major and is now an editor), and I have always enjoyed the escape of a good book (I was an English minor and teach Reading/Language Arts to my 6th graders). We have too many books and not enough bookshelves in our house. So it is no surprise that Preston enjoys reading, too. We started reading to him when he was just a tiny little scrunched-up newborn, and haven't stopped since. He has his favorites and his least favorites. Currently he loves Go Dog Go! and doesn't enjoy Jungle Animals. Last week I could have said the opposite. Fickle kid. He is an expert at turning the pages for us -a little too quickly sometimes. And he'll pull every book off the shelf for you to read to him over and over and over again. (I'm not sure why I bother putting them back on the shelf throughout the day. Must be my OCD.) We usually go through all of the books at least 3-4 times a day. More than that on days he doesn't go to daycare. As mobile as he is these days, reading is the only time he will sit still. He gets a little impatient between books. I have NO idea where he gets his attitude from...
Here's a little video of us enjoying some books together today.

And here is a little shot of Preston laughing at Clint. I could listen to his giggle all day!!

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

The "Going to bed" book is one of our favorites, too. Carrie has this Shelfari thing on her blog where you can post pictures of your kid's favorite books - check it out! (shelfari.com)