Monday, August 1, 2011

4 Months

Callie had her 4 month check-up today. She decided to make it interesting for me by having a poop EXPLOSION in the car on the way over. I, of course, didn't notice until I got her out of her car seat in the waiting room. The poor brand new mom sitting next to me was mortified by what she saw. There was literally poop up to her shoulder blades. I was prepared with an extra onesie, diapers, and wipes galore. (New mom commented on how calm I was...I wanted to tell her that sh*t happens, but instead made some remark about kids enjoying giving their parents a challenge. She looked terrified and tired, and asked me if things like that happen a lot. I lied and told her no, all the while trying to keep the mess off my elbows, Callie's head, and the floor.) I ended up being forced to ask new mom for some MORE wipes because I used all of mine. (Taking the poop-covered onesie off caused the disaster to transfer to more locations than just her bum and back.) It was also nicely spread all over her car seat. Needless to say, the onesie did not survive the day and was tossed out with the rest of the carnage. The lesson I learned today? Always carry the extras mentioned above AND a plastic bag to dispose of the disaster. Sorry, people who used the public restroom at that office building today, for the smell that must have come from that trash can.

But I digress...

Here are her stats from the check-up:

Head 16 inches - 50th percentile

Weight 13lbs 5oz- 50th percentile

Height 26 inches- 90th percentileShe is a HAPPY girl, as long as Mommy is in view. Just ask the babysitters we have had lately...

She loves to:

-eat her hands-all.day.long.

-kick and hit things on her playmat

-have tummy time while looking at the ridiculously CUTE baby in the mirror

-roll over (both ways), but still isn't doing it consistently

-listen to Preston's plethora of noises

-listen to Mommy singing

-stand and explore things on her exersaucer (this is new this week)I have LOVE LOVE LOVED spending my summer with her and am sad to go back to work next week. I'm sure I'll be more traumatized by it that she will.These two pics are from the doc's office today. I swear she is laughing because she is so proud of herself for ending my summer with a blow-out!Some tummy time


1 comment:

Molly Berndt said...

Wow! I can't believe she is 4 months already!!