Saturday, September 18, 2010

Balloons!

We took a little trip out south yesterday to check out the Great Midwest Balloon Fest. It was pretty amazing, and the kids loved it. Thousands of people were there, and I'm sure many more will attend this weekend. This is the first time they have done something like this here, and I think it was a huge success! (Minus the traffic nightmare.)


Walking to the balloons.

Getting closer...
So many balloons! AND people!


Group pic- Preston was NOT happy...


He REALLY wanted to ride the balloons. Can't rationalize with a 2 year old- he just didn't understand WHY he couldn't ride it!

The "GLOW" started around 8PM. Pictures don't do it justice. Especially when I have a crummy camera. Sigh. I bet other people got amazing pictures though!

More of the "GLOW".

Silliness in the car on the way home. I was a sucker and got all of them a glow necklace.



2 comments:

The Lunds said...

Looks really fun! We'll see if we make it out tomorrow ...

Bets said...

Looks awesome! I was so sad I was OOT and missed it. Photo opps galore!