Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tutu TWO (a few days early)

Mommy guilt has set it...we will be out of town WITHOUT kids for Callie's birthday on Thursday (woot woot! and sob at the same time), so I'm doing this post now to make me feel better about missing it.  Hard to believe this little peanut is going to be two already.
Tiny Callie in the hospital.
 Meeting big bro for the first time.

 First birthday.
 Celebrating her second birthday early at Mima's house.
 Mmm...cupcakes.
 My bro got her this helmet, and she immediately asked, "Where's my bike?" Uh-oh. Probably need to get her one, huh? Poor second child.
 Cheering on the Jayhawks for March Madness.
 Two year check-up. 90%ile for height (not including top-pony), 55%ile for weight. Long and lean still!
 Park play during Preston's soccer practice.
 St. Patty's Day

Our little Callie Rose is something else. Always full of energy, always a spitfire. I've started writing down things I love about each kid in their own little book, which I will give to them some day. Here are some of the things I love about my Callie.
At 14-21 months: You smile at me every day in the morning. You eat cottage cheese with your hands and get it EVERYWHERE. You hug my leg.You turn your back to me, slowly back up, and plop down on my lap. Sometimes when you throw a ball, it goes behind you. Everyone is "DADA." You body-slam pillows. You love to hug/pet/try to sit on the cats. Your giggle makes me smile. You have no hair. You put your head on my shoulder when you are really tired. You say "AHHHHHHH" after taking a really big drink. You love to be Superbaby on my knees.You call  Preston "BOBBY." You are stubborn. You give me the stink-eye when you are in trouble. You walk on your tippy toes and giggle at yourself.
At 22-23 Months:  You love dip and eat it with your fingers. You love butter. You SOMEtimes say "Preston", but still call him "Bobby" most of the time. You love to read books at night. You love your lovey blanket. You love to go to Preston's soccer games and run around like a MADwoman. You play "Do I love you THIS much?" with me. You pose and say "cheese" for the camera. You do everything Preston does. Always. When I pick you up from Steph's you hug me and say, "MOMMY! HAPPY TO SEE YOU!" You love to paint. You wear a cape and mask and run around yelling "SUPA CALLIE! I'M SUPA FAST!" You play the piano and say "What's that song, Mommy?" and giggle when I make up an name for the song.  You push your doll in the stroller while clutching your purse to go pretend shopping for more dip. You love hummus and french onion dip, hence the shopping trips. You are opinionated about your clothes -- already. You FINALLY have enough hair for a top pony, and you love it! You say, "Wook, Mommy! My ponytail!" When I ask you questions about a book we are reading, you tell me wrong answers on purpose and giggle at yourself. You love to make people laugh. You talk in complete sentences. For real? For real. You like to stomp snow -- and eat it. You spin in circles until you fall down and laugh the whole time.You spend a lot of time in time-out, just like your big bro.
And, most importantly, you love me -- even with all of my faults as a parent.

Happy Birthday to you, sweet girl!! I couldn't possibly love you more.

1 comment:

The Lunds said...

Love that sweet girl! She's lucky to have the three of you for her family, and you're lucky to have her. What a perfect fit! Happy Birthday!